Spring Clean Up
Twice each year, the Chamber’s Beautification Council join a number of community partners in organizing a city-wide clean-up event. In addition to picking up trash along the road ways, parks and other community spaces, we also pick up large items like appliances and yard waste from local homes, engage in a wide range of recycling products and organize an army of community volunteers. Join us in keeping Atchison beautiful!
*Pick-Up and Drop-Off items subject to change every year.
- May 5th, 20188am-Noon
A clean-up project like this takes an army of volunteers. Each year, hundreds of area residents pick up trash and debris, load large items from local residences and help with our many recycling efforts. We provide the gloves and a T-shirt, you just bring your work ethic. To volunteer and reserve your T-shirt, please contact Mary Jane Sowers.
- Mattresses and bulky items
- Tires - no rims(2 tire trucks will be available for individual Atchison County residents to drop off tires until trucks are full)
Weekly service provided by the City. Please call the City Shop at (913) 367-5561
- Air Conditioners (Freon must be removed and tagged)
- Appliances (Freon must be removed and tagged)
- Leaves in a paper bag or hard sided container (no plastic bags)
- Bundled Yard Waste (4ft max)