The spirit of legendary aviatrix Amelia Earhart is alive and well in Atchison! Each summer the community pulls out all the stops in honor of its favorite daughter, complete with a downtown music, food and crafts fair, star-filled outdoor concert, children’s activities, awards and honors, Earhart research and literature, music on the beautiful Riverfront, aerobatic performances and the grandest of all finalés — the “Concert in the Sky” fireworks show.
There’s a reason thousands of people from across the nation — and even the world — flock to this scenic riverside town every July: We have something for everyone.
- Bring the kids to the historic Santa Fe Depot to ride the 12-gauge train while you explore the Atchison Rail Museum.
- Friday, July 21st join storyteller Miss Cindy at the Atchison Library to learn more about Amelia
- Friday evening, move to the Riverfront to enjoy live music featuring Sawyer Brown, Kayt & Alex, and the Garin Nolan Trio. Get tickets>>
- Saturday begins early with a run around the streets of Atchison for the Amelia Earhart Fun Run sponsored by the YMCA.
- The “Follow Your Compass” Speaker’s symposium and Pioneering Achievement Award Luncheon at Benedictine will inspire all who attend.
- Browse a wonderful array of arts and crafts while sampling unique food items and listening to area musicians on Commercial Street in downtown Atchison. An entire block is full of fun for the kids!
- Afternoon Tea with the Authors at The Art & Culture Center is a chance to learn and ask questions and perhaps find a new favorite book to read and enjoy!
- Bring your lawn chairs and stake out a spot early on the Riverfront to see an exciting mix of live musicians and watch pilots perform stunts over the Missouri River before the fireworks spectacular begins.
Make sure to bookmark this site, as we will be featuring new events periodically. Tickets will be available soon. Don’t hesitate to contact us for more information. See you in July!