Overnights at the Sallie House begin at 3:00 pm and last until 9:00 am the following morning.
- November-August: An overnight stay costs $125 per person, with 2-person minimum.
- September-October (Haunted Season): An overnight stay costs $150 per person, with 2-person minimum.
- The full cost of your booking is due up front when you make your reservation.
Cancellations made at least 2 weeks to prior to your booking will be refunded except for a cancellation fee equal to a one-night stay. Cancellations made less than two weeks before your booking are non-refundable.
- Attendees MUST be 18 years old or older. For individuals under 18, a parent or guardian must be present and signed consent waivers from a parent or guardian are required.
- Appropriate footwear required.
- Any person found inebriated that may pose a risk or danger to themselves or others will be asked to leave.
- Due to safety concerns, the basement is currently inaccessible.
- Overnight tours are by reservation only and are restricted to no more than 10 people.
- Guests will need to bring their own sleeping bags, blankets, and pillows for sleeping.
- The house has a restroom, water, and electricity.
Photographs, video and audio recordings are encouraged, however, we would appreciate if you would share anything you may capture on film
All tours will be charged $150 fee for failure to adhere to the following:
- NO damage to the house
- NO smoking allowed in the house
- NO pets
- NO flames or candles allowed in the house
- NO sleeping in beds
- NO cooking
- NO attempting to cleanse the house
- NO Ouija boards or seances.
- NO allowing individuals not listed on your lease into the house
The Story Of the Sallie House
Originally built at the turn of the century, this house became the residence of an Atchison physician. The front served as office space and examination rooms, while the doctor and his family lived upstairs. One day, a frantic mother arrived carrying her 6-year-old daughter, Sallie. The child had collapsed from severe abdominal pain. The doctor diagnosed appendicitis and knew there was no time to delay surgery. Believing the appendix would soon burst, the doctor began cutting Sallie before the anesthesia took full effect. Sallie’s screams suddenly stopped and she grew pale and limp. She died on the operating table – her last memories of a man whom she believed was torturing her.